Monday, August 20, 2012

Hiding Behind Easy

EPIPHANY!  Ok, maybe not, but it seemed like one.  Maybe it's more like an idea...

Being here in Guatemala, things have been easy and fun for me.  I kind of got accustomed to it.  I kind of wanted things to stay like that, too.  I began to get stubbornly attached to the idea that things should remain easy and fun.  Me...stubborn!?!?  Shocking, I know. 

Life is supposed to be challenging and difficult.  When things are kind of easy and swimming along, you kind of forget that. I guess I have just had a lot of challenging times, and so completely embraced easy and kind of like staying in it.  But I realized that we can't hide behind easy and try to keep things as such.  When you don't face things or you try to avoid difficult things, then you're really learning nothing.  And if you're not learning anything, then what's the point of living?  I'm not saying a person shouldn't enjoy life when things are easy, but, at least for me, a person shouldn't try to maintain an easy life as the status quo as an avoidance response.  Am I making sense?  Bueller...Bueller...

No comments:

Post a Comment